Wednesday, January 11, 2006


I intially created Tegan's blog last week expecting him to not be here for a few weeks. Well I guess I spoke to soon!!!! Tegan Gregory Schantz decided to join us on January 9, 2006 at 4:56pm.
On Monday morning I woke up at 8:30 and was feeling a little "crampy" but didn't want to make to much out of it. I ended up calling the doctor and making an appointment for 1:30 pm, just to get checked out because I had began bleeding. The remainder of the moring I walked and paced alot. Stacy had worked all night so I tried to be quiet because he needed to get some sleep. I woke Stacy up around 11:00 and told him we needed to pack my bag and go to the doctor because I thought I may be in labor. He seemed a little confused but quickly started packing. Once we arrived at the doctor they confirmed that I was 5 cm. dialated and in labor. We quickly went home and got a few more things together. Once we arrived at the hospital 1 hour later I was already 8 cm. dialated and the doctor announced that I would not have time to get an epidural or any pain medication due to how quicly he was going to be here. Well without any planning and only 45 minutes of pushing ...he was here.




Stacy was an amazing coach and has been on cloud 9 for the past couple of days!!!!











"Please hurry up and take the picture!"








We left the hospital at 3:00 pm an Wednesday the 11th. It feels great to be home and not have to eat hospital food anymore. Stacy just found out that he does not go to work until Febuary 13th, so we have lots of time to adjust and take pictures. Keep checking Tegan's blog for updates

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! He is a beautiful baby.

Rocky Mountain Fighting Tigers said...

I am so happy that you guys are doing great. I will be checking all the time for updates on your new addition. You guys are already great parents.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am so happy for you both!! I really wish that I could be there, but since I can't I am looking forward to staying in the loop of everything through here! You guys look amazing and I can't wait to see and hear more!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis I'm so incredibly happy for you. I love you guys so much and i am so happy i got to be a part of tegan's birth Jess

NIKKI said...

CONGRATS!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Nikki (shannon's friend! :)

Anonymous said...

my grandson is the most beautiful boy in the world!grandma moe