Lately we have been putting a lot of thought into what to do to get ready for Tegan's potty training adventure. Last week I realized he was the only on at his school still in "normal' diapers so we decided to get some pull ups. I sent Stacy to buy some pull ups and a box of diapers at Costco. (We had a plan to do pull ups at school and diapers at home) When he got home he called me at work and said, "I had no idea there were boy and girl pull ups." I asked why and he said, "Well I am sitting here looking at a box of pink pull ups that have Disney PrIncesses on them." So needless to say he had to go return them. Then I watched a video on how it may be confusing to do normal diapers and pull ups so I decided that I should return the box of diapers and just get more pull ups. Sorry that's a lot of rambling.... I know! Tonight was the day we ran out of diapers. Since Tegan has really not been interested in the whole potty training thing I thought we should make a really big deal about switching to pull ups. Tonight after dinner we went in the bathroom and revealed the pull ups. Tegan was super excited. Then he sat on his potty and decorated them with stickers.
All three of us sat in the bathroom for 30 minutes (Tegan on the potty) doing number flash cards and singing. All of the sudden Tegan started walking around and trying to put his pull up on and saying, "Pee Pee." We moved his potty over and told him to go in the potty and he just stood their and peed in his potty. Tegan was so excited and super happy. Stacy and I may have been a little more excited!
If you can not tell he was just a little excited! Here he is saying, "Big Boy Mommy."
We both realize we have a LONG potty training adventure ahead but the pee in the potty really made all of this planning worth while tonight!





1 comment:
WAY TO GO TEGAN!!!! :)
Post a Comment